LENOVO SERVERAID M1200 ZERO CACHE/RAID 5 UPGRADE FOD
The ServeRAID M1215 SAS/SATA Controller is a low-cost 12 Gbps internal RAID 0/1/10 solution that can be upgraded to a cacheless RAID 5 with a Features on Demand (FoD) license upgrade. The M1215 provides two internal mini-SAS HD connectors with eight lanes of 12 Gbps SAS and eight lanes of PCIe 3.0 to facilitate high data transfer rates.
The M1215 controller is a part of the ServeRAID M Series family that offers a complete server storage solution consisting of RAID controllers, cache/flash modules, energy packs, and software feature upgrades in an ultra-flexible offerings structure.Features
The ServeRAID M1215 SAS/SATA Controller has the following standard features:.
- Auto-resume on array rebuild or array reconstruction after the loss of system power Auto-resume uses non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) to save rebuild progress during a host reboot or power failure to automatically resume from the last checkpoint. Auto-resume ensures that data integrity is maintained through the process. The card supports a number of features that are able to be implemented without rebooting the server. Applications, such as email and web server, benefit from avoiding downtime during the transition.
- Online Capacity Expansion Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allows the capacity of a virtual disk to be expanded by adding new physical disks or making use of unused space on existing disks, without requiring a reboot.
- Online RAID Level Migration (also known as logical drive migration) provides the ability to migrate a virtual disk from any RAID level to any other RAID level without requiring a reboot. System availability and application functionality remain unaffected. Fast initialization for quick array setup Fast initialization quickly writes zeroes to the first and last sectors of the virtual drive. This feature allows you to immediately start writing data to the virtual drive while the initialization is running in the background.
- Consistency check for background data integrity Consistency check verifies that all stripes in a virtual disk with a redundant RAID level are consistent. The consistency check will mirror data when an inconsistent stripe is detected for a RAID 1 and will recreate the parity from the peer disks in the case of a RAID 5. Consistency checks can be scheduled to take place periodically.
- LSI SAS3008 12 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
- PCI Low Profile, Half-length - MD2 form factor
- Eight internal 12 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Two internal mini-SAS HD connectors (SFF-8643)
- Supports 12, 6, and 3 Gbps SAS and 6 and 3 Gbps SATA data transfer rates
- Up to 12 Gbps throughput per port
- PCI Express 3.0 x8 host interface
- Support for RAID levels 0, 1, and 10 standard; support for RAID 5, 50 with optional upgrade
- Zero Controller Cache, no battery/flash backup
- Support for SAS and SATA hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Support for simple swap and hot swap drives
- Support for intermixing SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. Mixing different types of drives in the same array (drive group) not supported.
- Optional support for self-encrypting drives (SEDs) with MegaRAID SafeStore